|Version 14 (modified by xiaofan, 3 years ago) (diff)|
This is the home of libusb, a library for user level applications to access USB devices uniformly across many different operating systems. libusb is an open source project licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1.
Many participants in the libusb community have helped and continue to help with ideas, implementation, support and improvements for libusb.
Stable API: libusb-1.0
Daniel Drake adopted the project in January 2008 and worked on a libusb-1.0? release, which adds several features that were missing from the 0.1 API. As of December 2008, libusb-1.0 is the stable and recommended version to use. Developers are encouraged to port their applications to the new API.
- See the Libusb1.0? page for more information.
- Download libusb-1.0 releases here
- API documentation
- Compatibility with libusb-0.1 is available through the libusb-compat-0.1 compatibility layer?.
- The Windows backend uses WinUSB.sys or Win32 HID APIs, it is considered functional as of June 2010 and is being integrated into the main libusb-1.0 tree.
Legacy API: libusb-0.1
Johannes Erdfelt founded the libusb project and lead development through 2007. By then, libusb-0.1 had been developed, stabilized, and adopted by a wide range of projects.
- Last release: libusb-0.1.12
- Supported operating systems: Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Darwin, MacOS X (and Windows, through the libusb-win32 project).
- Development status: libusb-0.1 has reached maturity and no further changes or releases are expected.
- Note that libusb-win32 is a separate project which still sees active development (mainly on the driver side, the API is stable and unlikely to be changed. Once libusb-1.0 supports the libusb0.sys device driver (#49) then the focus of the project will shift to support libusb-1.0 API along with the improvement of the driver. In that case, libusb-win32 users will be encouraged to shift to libusb-1.0 API.
- Download libusb-0.1 releases here
- API documentation
- Unofficial bindings, at the libusb-win32 site
- Projects and Examples using libusb-0.1 and libusb-win32
Bugs and feature requests
If you find a bug in libusb, or wish to request an enhancement, please open a ticket on this web page.
Thank you for helping make libusb even better!
- usbutils includes the very useful lsusb program to view descriptors in devices