Ticket #49 (accepted enhancement)
Support libusb0.sys from libusb-win32 in addition to WinUSB.sys
|Reported by:||xiaofan||Owned by:||stuge|
|Milestone:||1.0.17||Component:||libusb-1.0 Windows backend|
libusb-win32 device driver (libusb0.sys) has quite some advantages compared to WinUSB.
1) Open source, the device driver is GPLed, with libusb-0.1 compatible library (LGPL).
2) Support multiple configuration USB device.
3) Support isochronous transfer whereas WinUSB does not.
4) Support Windows 2000, Windows 2003 32bit/64bit and Windows XP 64bit, Microsoft does not support WinUSB on these platforms. On the other hand, since version 126.96.36.199, libusb0.sys is digitally signed so it is similar to WinUSB -- both work under 64bit Windows which requires kernel mode driver to be signed, like 64bit Windows Vista or Windows 7.
5) WinUSB does not support multiple concurrent applications.
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by stuge
- Component changed from libusb-1.0 to libusb-1.0 Windows backend
- Keywords libusb, removed
comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by stuge
- Summary changed from libusb-win32 device driver (libusb0.sys) backend to Support libusb0.sys from libusb-win32 in addition to WinUSB.sys